- Applications for Summer and Fall (of the following academic year) will open October 1.
- Application deadline is January 15.
- Decision letters will be emailed the first week of March or shortly thereafter.
The department needs a complete application, which includes both steps as outlined below, before the MLA application committee will consider it.
There are two steps in the application process:
- Apply to the University of Oregon Graduate School
Please apply to the term based appropriate to your first or post professional status. Application includes official transcripts and English Language competency for non-native English speakers. See UO Graduate School requirements here.
English Language Proficiency Requirements for the Department of Landscape Architecture: IBT TOEFL Minimum = 90 ; PBT TOEFL Minimum = 575; IELTS Minimum = 7.0
- Apply to the Department of Landscape Architecture through Slideroom
- Transcripts: a PDF copy of all of your transcripts and degree certificates
Personal statement: Your personal statement should assess your background, strengths, interests and aspirations in the field of landscape architecture, and why you want to come to the University of Oregon for your graduate education. (1,500 word limit)
A writing sample showing evidence of critical thinking in a research context. This can be a research paper, a technical report, a critical scholarship essay, or other academic-related writing.
Portfolio: The purpose of the portfolio is to provide the admissions committee a sense of your creative potential. Please include graphic and/or written materials, such as photographs, drawings, images of sculpture ceramics, textile work short stories, poetry and original music. Consider the portfolio itself as a demonstration of your graphic abilities. Clarity is paramount.
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 from academic sources) - Recommenders will automatically receive an e-mail inviting them to login and complete the reference requirement through the Slideroom application.
- $35 application fee
The Slideroom application saves your application as you work, therefore you can login and update as necessary until you are ready to submit. Once you submit, you will not be able to edit your application.